True story: Once, we were contacted by our DCSA Representative out of the blue. She sent us an email on Wednesday wanting a “quick, 20 -minute ‘Advise & Assist’ call this Thursday”. She offered no list of information to review, just made it sound like a nice “howya-doing, friend?” chat was going to happen. Don’t worry, gentle readers, we were ready.
Don’t worry, gentle readers, we were ready.
As you may have guessed, the call was filled with rapid-fire questions and “send me your updated _____ list right now” requests. For added fun, she kept saying “I still don’t have it” over and over as she wait- ed for things to populate in her inbox after we had hit “send”.
While it would have been very helpful of her to indicate she needed us to gather items for her review ahead of time, that is not the moral of the story. The moral is that there is a list of items that an FSO should always have ready at any given moment as part of your Industrial Security Program.
They are as follows:
Always keep this, and documents that support these changes, current!
- The KMP List
- The company address
- The most recent SF328
- The most recent 441
- Facility Profile updated in NISS
- Two account managers who are active
- Personnel List updated (and be able to state the number of personnel in your organization’s DISS off the top of your head – it feels awkward while they wait for you to count!)
- Periodic Reinvestigations initiated
- ANY Corrections (birthdays, NDA dates, citizenship, names) implemented or processing
- All active DD254s—uploaded in NISS.
- The current Government Contracting Activity, point of contact name (usually the Contracting Officer), email, phone number
- NISS Validation Pages for Subcontractors
DCSA will be changing Security Reviews (formerly called Security Vulnerability Assessments) soon. There is more information on the way but these are the areas to have ready to go at any given moment should your DCSA Rep want a quick call to review.
Are you a small business FSO?
Our FSO PRO “Superhero” Membership is for small business FSOs or FSOs who wear multiple hats! With our club membership, you receive:
- Free Monthly Templates
- Free “MarketFlix” videos for your Team
- Planners and To-Do Lists
- Text Alerts
- Free Admission to FSO Contests
- Free “ask a question”
- And more!
Need more explanation or assistance with any items mentioned this month?
Contact FSO PRO!
Looking for FSO Gifts? Check out the FSO PRO Shop!
- SVA Binders!
- Coffee Mugs!
- Membership Clubs!
- Training Videos!
- One Hour FSO Support!
- SVA Prep!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way.
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.