It is time to start using DISS more & FSO PRO is here to help!
Maybe you don’t attend as many Continuous Monitoring meetings as we do (do I whine about that too much?) but DCSA is still making it pretty clear, they want FSOs to start learning the requirements of the new Federal Rule (the spreadsheet thing that is replacing the NISP Manual) AND SEAD 3!
One of the new requirements is that FSOs need to provide defensive travel pre-briefings, post travel briefings AND now, add the foreign travel (business and leisure so that trip to Cabo definitely counts!) to DISS.
Our Members have been given direct support and tools for foreign travel pre and post briefings, but we are also sharing the instructions for putting foreign travel in DISS.
“I have my DISS Account— where do I put foreign travel again?”
Over the last year, we went over the steps for getting your DISS foreign travel! Now it is time to add foreign travel. It is easier than you think.
How to Report Foreign Travel for a subject in DISS
- Go to Subject’s Summary Page
- Beside their Name, select “Subject Details”
- Below their initial information, you will see a series of tabs
- Select “Foreign Travel”
- Scroll down to the Foreign Travel section and in the lower right-hand corner select green “Create Travel” button
- Complete the following Foreign Travel information
- Start Date (first day of foreign travel)
- End Date (last day of foreign travel)
- Reported Date (the day they informed their FSO about travel)
- Reason (select the appropriate reason from the drop-down menu)
- Comment (if you would like to provide more details) and save.
Don’t forget to do your post travel briefing – do some interview-style when you can!
Are you a small business FSO?
Our FSO PRO “Superhero” Membership is for small business FSOs or FSOs who wear multiple hats! With our club membership, you receive:
- Free Monthly Templates
- Free “MarketFlix” videos for your Team
- Planners and To-Do Lists
- Text Alerts
- Free Admission to FSO Contest
- Free “ask a question”
More to follow! We are working on those cheat-sheets, or “smart cards”, or “quick references” now—available on the FSO PRO website soon!
Are we there yet?
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way.
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.